2 weeks child having itchy and red pimples on face, ears, arms and legs. Looking for treatment

HIV AIDS Specialist
My son is one and half year old, from last 2 weeks, he has got some red pimples like thing on his face, ears, arms and legs and those have very bad itching. He is scratching his skin very badly mostly while sleeping. I check this with one pediatrician but she didn't give any reason. she has provided some medicine but still he didn't get any relief. Can you please help me to get the reason of this problem and any solution if itching can be reduced.
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. S. Murugan 10 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX
Thank you for your question.
By the way of your presentation, your child seems to be suffering from insect bite allergy.Possibly due to Mosquito also.As your child's lesions are more on face ear, arms and legs, That is over the exposed parts it is likely to be insect bite allergy. PROTECT YOUR CHILD FROM INSECT BY WAY OF MOSQUITO nets, nets for your windows of house, cleaning the floor, Bed materials well. Not making him to sleep under lights. Make him wear full sleeves and full pants in the evening and nights. Antihistamine syrups and insect repellent creams will also be useful.
He will be alright soon and you have to follow these precautions for few years carefully. Otherwise it will recur.
Dr S.Murugan