2 week pregnant. Using vaginal clotrimazole 100mg tab. Is it safe?

Question
im into 2nd week of my pregnancy and iv been using vaginal clotrimazole 100mg tab for the last 3 days. is it safe?
Posted Fri, 31 Aug 2012 in Women's Health

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 5 minutes later
Hello

Thanks for writing to us

Yes vaginal clotrimazole is safe during early pregnancy.

Any further query is most welcome

Best wishes

Follow-up: 2 week pregnant. Using vaginal clotrimazole 100mg tab. Is it safe? 1 hour later
thank you so much or the answer. can i take cranberry tablet to prevent uti during pregnancy. how can i prevent recurrence of candida infection during my pregnancey?

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 29 minutes later
Hello

Yes you can take cranberry tablet but I would prefer juice.

Take probiotics after first trimester of pregnancy to prevent the further infection.

Use vaginal wash containing lactobacilli

Keep the area dry

Nystatin cream would be better for cadidiasis

Best wishes

Follow-up: 2 week pregnant. Using vaginal clotrimazole 100mg tab. Is it safe? 38 minutes later
is there any restriction on food items while pregnant? is there any restriction on making a long jurney, by road/by air/by train?

Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 25 minutes later
Hello

Welcome dear

No there is no strict restriction on any of the foods but you should take lot of XXXXXXX vegetables , fruits , salads , whole grains , proteins but less of salt and cold beverages containing soda , less of cheese , ghee and butter.

Spicy and oily foods should be avoided

Regular morning walk is advisable

Journey should be avoided in the first trimester especially the road journey.

Best wishes