2 week old child, suffering from breakouts on face, around eyes, tiny bumps, rash. Should I go to the ER?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
baby XXXXXXXMy baby has a breakout all over his face and around his eyes. It looks like tiny little bumps. Like a rash. what is it? Should I take him to the emergency room? He is only 2 Weeks old. What should I put on his face to help it? I wish I could attach a picture to this.
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 20 minutes later

You have a feature to upload the reports / image by yourself at the right side of the query page, please utilize that so that I can answer your queries better.

It will be of help to me in making a diagnosis and directing you accordingly.

But any rash in two weeks old definitely is significant either an allergy or viral infection or rarely a bacterial infection with sepsis and as far as possible should be evaluated by the Pediatrician before you apply anything on it like calamine lotion for soothing relief.

If the rash is spreading, with swelling or painful, involving the eyes or associated with cough or fast breathing then you need to take your baby to ER (Emergency Room).

If not then you may take an appointment with your pediatrician as soon as feasible.

Awaiting your response.