2 small red painful/slightly itchy smooth bumps on either side of labia majora, right side of groin. Is this STD ?

Have 2 small red painful/slightly itchy smooth bumps on either side of my labia majora and another on the right side of my groin. They do not have "white heads" or seem to be coming to a head. I have a minor amount of discharge but not anything terribly unusual for me. I've tried at various points benedryl, neosporin, lotrimin & hydrocortisone to make them go away. I've had them for about 5 days, there were more but the other ones went away. I have started running in the past 8 weeks and had recently starting using aquaphor/Vaseline on my genital area to combat chaffing, could this be the issue? Could it be an allergic reaction to a new pair of running shorts i bought (with built in underwear)? Medication I take is: synthroid, a generic Prozac and an herbal diet pill but I've been taking all those for at least 4 months. I don't know how to emphasize enough that I do not think this is an STD, my husband and have been married for 8 years and are monogomaus.
Posted Wed, 18 Jul 2012 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Minoo Bhagia 2 hours later

You should get your VDRL test done and blood sugar F done

Take anti allergic tablets like loratidine or levo cetrizine under your doctor's prescription

Apply anti fungal powder

Keep the area dry

Do not use deodorants

Stop using vaseline

Wear cotton panties

It is better to show it to your gynaecologist if they still persist

Best wishes

Any further query is most welcome