2 month old child, suffering from leg shaking in one leg, short episodes, once or twice daily. Treatment?

my son 2 months old, single leg shaking for few seconds occasionally once in a day or two.
Give me the suggestion
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 1 hour later

Normally, in infants of this age, some movements of limbs like this are common. This can happen several times a day.

I do not see any reason for worry.

Just keep a watch, if you observe any other movements like shaking of leg along with hand or some staring look and sudden holding of breath, then report this to your pediatrician and take his advise.

Apart from this, if the movement increase in frequency then you need to be concerned.

In routine if he takes feeds well and grows in weight, then there is no need to worry.

I hope, this answers your query, I will be glad to reply any follow up queries that you have.

In case you do not have follow up query, please accept the answer.

Have a happy parenting.