2 month baby having pimples on scalp and puss filled pimples behind ears. What should I apply on it?

Pediatrician
Question
my 2 month baby boy has pimples on scalp and a XXXXXXX pus/ pimple behind his ear what should i do , do we need to apply a cream or something
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Santosh Kondekar 11 minutes later
Hi there
Small pimples on scalp often called as a form of seborrheic dermatitis may need specific selenium based shampoos or steroid creams.
If infected like in this case , the infant may need antibiotic syrup. Please get the pus tested for smear culture test.
I hope this answers your query . Please ask any further doubts.