2 days very swollen calves, ankles, feet redness itching cracked

Question
2 days
very swollen calves, ankles, feet
redness
itching
cracked skin
tenderness, pain
63 male
heart disease, pre diabetic, high blood pressure, high cholesterol
all controlled through medication
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Kindly upload an image for review!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I will like to know if this is bilateral swelling. Also, kindly upload images of these limbs as directed below for review. This way, I will provide a personalized and helpful response to you.

To upload an image, simply click on the link to upload a file and follow the instructions. If this proves difficult, please send the image by mail to YYYY@YYYY and request that the image should be uploaded to your query.

I do promise to get back to you with more insights and helpful recommendations as soon as the requested information gets here.

Waiting...

Follow-up: 2 days very swollen calves, ankles, feet redness itching cracked 1 hour later
Yes it is bilateral, the right being much more swollen than the left leg. Also, he is experiencing a burning sensation. I have sent images to customer care.

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
please, what are his current medications!

Detailed Answer:

This is not an infection as infections would rarely affect both legs at the same time.

Reviewing these images suggests a probable heart disease. I will like to know his current medications. In addition, he should raise the legs, avoid excess fluid and salt intake. Also, he should avoid standing up for long hours unless absolutely necessary.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.

Follow-up: 2 days very swollen calves, ankles, feet redness itching cracked 45 minutes later
atorvastatin 80 mg 1x

norco 5-325 2x

armodafinil 150 mg 1x

vit D 50000 1 weekly

duloxetine 60 mg 1x

hydrochlorothiazide 25 mg 1x

amlodipine 5mg 1x

metoprolol 25 mg 24 hr tablet 1x

ramipril 10 mg 1x

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thanks!

Detailed Answer:

I have reviewed the medications. They are adapted. Kindly let me know how you are doing. I do hope the swelling and pains have regressed.

I hope to hear from you!