1st delivery through caesarean operation. Chances of normal delivery for second child?

My wife's 1st delivery was thru caesarean operation , now she is expecting 2nd child , my question is are there any chances of normal delivery this time. Or since 1st child ws from operation 2nd will be also operation. Doctor told us that there is no chance of normal delivery. Please suggest.
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Child Birth
Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 14 minutes later
If the previous Cesarean was a planned one like due to cephalopelvic disproportion,
Small pelvic outlet, pre-eclampsia, eclampsia etc. then the second baby would also be delivered by operation.
if there was atonic uterus, there is weak scar from previous Cesarean then the risk to baby during vaginal delivery is high and so the Gynecologist would like to deliver the baby by cesarean.
If the cause for previous delivery was related to fetus like distress, cord around neck etc then normal delivery can be tried if no contraindication.
I hope your query has been answered.
Dr.Monika Choudhary
Follow-up: 1st delivery through caesarean operation. Chances of normal delivery for second child? 3 hours later
Hello Dr.

Thanks for your reply.

Just checked the reports it was written as

"EM LECS for [failed induction of Labour] fetal Tachyeodia

no pain in abdomen
no decreased absent fetal movts
no leaking/bleeding pv.

Answered by Dr. Monika Choudhary 2 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic forum!
If your wife has a good height and her pelvic outlet assessment by a Gynecologist is fine then she can deliver normally also and at least a trial of labour should be given because the cause of previous Cesarean was related to baby.
I hope this review resolves your doubts, if still need some help please write me back. I would try my best efforts to help you out.
Wish you a pink of health!