19 year old. Not having facial hair. Is there any solution to grow facial hair?

Question
Doctor i am 19 years old but ,i am not able to grow facial hairs,its very wierd for me ,so is their any solution to grow facial hairs.
Posted Sat, 4 May 2013 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 24 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome and thanks for entrusting your query here at Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole) and am glad to address to your query here.

Facial hair growth occurs due to male hormonal influence (androgen dependent).
These are released by the male genitals (testes).
If for any reason the hormonal secretion is less than required, secondary sexual characteristics may not develop (well).
The solution for having facial hair growth is first to have yourself checked for this possibility.
Please ask your doctor to check you up for appropriate development and presence of any abnormality of male genital system.
Testosterone levels may be checked in lab.
If low, treatment can be planned.

Sometimes, this hair growth may start late or may be minimal and if other organs are normal, there is no reason to worry.

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries.

Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at http://bit.ly/Dr-Prasad-Akole
Good Luck!
It helps us to improve continuously if you could please write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query.

Follow-up: 19 year old. Not having facial hair. Is there any solution to grow facial hair? 4 minutes later
I need to test my testerone level

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 6 minutes later
Get examined by your doctor first and ask if testosterone level is needed.
This can be determined only on actual physical examination.

Do not worry excessively. It is a very common condition and usually life goes on normal.

Hope this satisfies you.

No its very unusual because without facial hairs i look like a 10std kid so please doctor help me ,as i am not satisfied by ur answers.

Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 12 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX you seem very depressed. Without appropriate evaluation, we can not start treatment.
Hence my above advice.

Do not worry, act on the advice.