18 year old snorted 3mgs of clonazepam. How long will this show up in a drug test?

Say a 18 year old male who weighs 170 pounds snorted 3mgs of clonazepam in a night, this man has never used the drug in the past so it was a one time thing (Not a heavy user) How long will this show up in a drug test? Urine and Saliva. Is there any ways to cut the time detectable time down, such as drinking lots of water?

Posted Mon, 12 Nov 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Robert Galamaga 2 hours later
Hello and thank you for sending your question.

Regarding the snorting of clonazepam this will generally stay in your system for roughly 3 days with one time use. If you are a chronic user of this type of medication it will stay in your system for much longer.

Regarding blood testing as I mentioned above it will stay in your system for a few days. If hair follicles I tested this can remain within the hair follicles for 90 days.

There is no way to increase the rate at which your body will metabolize the drug at this point.

I am concerned that there may be a possibility that you are dealing with a substance abuse problem. If you think this is the case please discuss this with your primary care physician or reach out to a family member who can help you obtain counseling.

Thanks again for sending a question. Please let me know if you have any additional concerns.

Dr. Robert