18 month old crying while bowel movement,prefers standing passing stool

HI There,
i have got a one and a half yr old daughter.from last one week she cries a lot while passing stools and prefers to pass stool while standing only.dnt knw wat im dealing it serious.
Posted Fri, 20 Apr 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sapan J. Pandya 2 hours later

No, as per my clinical judgment you are not dealing with anything serious. The reason is your daughter is at least able to pass stool in standing position. But you are caring mother, proactive enough to understand that there is definitely some problem with your child.

Kindly answer the following question:
Does she have a problem of constipation or does she pass hard stool?

What I believe is she has some boil in her anal region, which obstructs the passage of the stool when she is in sitting position. But when she stands up the same boil would not obstruct and she would be able to pass stool with less / tolerable pain.

For an adult, it may even be piles, fisture or fistula.
You may apply some good antiseptic cream available thrice a day, especially before she wishes to pass stool. Again after she has passed stool, it can be applied again after washing the local area.

The antiseptic cream has two purposes in her case: One, she would have an antiseptic effect on the boil. Second, the creamy base would act as lubricant and help in passage of stool.

Also to prevent recurrence, proper care has to be taken in cleaning the pubic area. It should be seen that good hygiene is maintained.

I hope she gets well soon. Waiting for your follow-up.