17 year old. Is it possible to increase height?
User rating for this question
My son is 5 feet 3 inches at 17 years old. Is there a way to boosy his height at least 3 more inches?
Posted Mon, 22 Apr 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 1 hour later
Hi XXXXXX,Thanks for writing in.The height you have mentioned is good enough but slightly less for men.The ultimate height a child gains is basically a genetic function and not much affected by environmental factors or hormones etc.At 17years most of us have mature bones which do not grow in length and for that reason no gain in height. Although it is also a family trend, some men continue to gain height till 21years age.A good nutritious diet with high protein intake and outdoor games and exercise are the most promising options and may give 1-2 inches more and is worth trying.Some use growth hormone but it helps only those who have it's deficiency.Still other option is the surgery called Ilizarov technique which can give length to limbs but more of a choice for freaks.I hope you would be benefited by the advise.
People also viewed
- Is there any homeopathic treatment for compression in spine
- 18 year old wants to increase height is it possible
- Citalopram cause hard nipples
- Is eating curd harmful in typhoid fever
- Clexane causing smelly urine
- Can duromine cause poor circulation
- Pungent smell in urine even though maintain a good lifestyle
- Can migraine cause shoulder and leg or hip pain
- Can clopilet cause stones
- Does citalopram cause sensitive nipples
- 17 year old is it possible to increase height
- 40 years old is it possible to increase height
- Why am i getting abnormal thirst
- 20 years old want to increase height possible
- 21 years old is it possible to increase height