17 weeks pregnant. Noticed lump between bum and vagina. Any advices?

Hi I'm 17weeks pregnant with second baby and I've just noticed that when I wee it's stings near my bum and just had a feel and look and there is a small lump on the skin between my bum & vagina and it's sore but only if I touch it and when I wee and it runs down. I do shave around these parts.... Any advices and I've never had this before.
Posted Wed, 17 Oct 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 2 hours later
Hello I would be happy to help you with your question.

It sounds like a small skin infection, probably related to an infected hair follicle. Sometimes these can turn into a larger infection, called a boil. If it is still small, here is what I would recommend:

1. The area should be soaked in warm water twice daily
2. Also keep the area clean and dry- where a pad if needed
3. Avoid shaving the area until healed

Now, if there is any sense that this might have started as a blister, then one has to think about herpes as a possibility. This usually starts as a blister that eventually drains and crusts over and is quite painful.

I hope this helps!!