17 month baby on valparin 200. EEG blood chromosomal tested normal. Should I stop medicine?

my baby(17 M0NTHS) is taking VALPARIN 200 liquid, why he had a seizures twice a day on 10 JULY 2012. But after EEG BLOOD CHROMOSOMAL TESTING the report is normal. Now we shouldn't stop VALPARIN ?
R/sir my email id is YYYY@YYYY
Please advice accordingly.
Posted Sun, 2 Sep 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 16 hours later

1 What I can make out is that your son had two attacks of seizures on 10 July 2012.

2 I am not sure what were the considerations with which valproate has been started. Weather seizure was related to systemic infection, fever or injury etc. As per your history, none of them is there.

3 But once it has been started, it is not advisable to stop it soon. A normal EEG is not a good guide for starting and stopping antiepileptic drugs.

4 I suggest you to discuss with your treating doctor about likely prognosis and consideration for stopping the drug.

Please do write back for follow up queries that you may have.