16 years old sexually active. Noticed white crusty discharge on undergarments. Is this normal?

Mar 2013
I have a 16 year 0ld daughter. She is sexually active in the past. I just found on her underwear, while doing laundry a yellow/white crusty discharge. Is this normal
Posted Sat, 13 Apr 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Aarti Abraham 34 minutes later
For adolescent girls and even for women in general, it is normal during certain phases of the menstrual cycle to have excessive vaginal discharge which could crust up and dry on the undergarments.
Some amount of vaginal discharge is normal.
Without examining your daughter, it is difficult to day if the discharge is abnormal.
Abnormal discharge could be due to some vaginal infection.

Please take her to a Gynecologist for a thorough XXXXXXX check up, more so, if she was sexually active.

Feel free to ask further.