16 year old suffering from nausea and hypersensitivity at throat. On medications. Any thoughts?

My 16 year old daughter has suffered 24/7 nausea and hypersensitivity at the throat for 3 years now. If anything touches her throat or if she tilts her head back the nausea spikes severely but she does not vomit. A doctor suggested that it may be a positional issue. Any thoughts?current meds are erythromycin, neurontin, amatriptalene, zoloft, Lamictal, Syranel nasal spray, vitamin D,C supplement
Posted Mon, 13 Aug 2012 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Pratap Sanchetee 7 hours later

I have gone through the details submitted - a really difficult situation to tackle. As most of remedial causes have been excluded, I suggest for following:

1. Get her nutritional status checked;
a) Weight record for last 12 months if available and subjective feeling of weight
b) How is her appetite?
c) Blood for haemoglobin, complete blood counts, peripheral blood smear study, Vitamin B12 levels, etc.

2. Stop most of (if not all) medicines under guidance of doctor to observe weather she improves / deteriorate / no change. Then we can restart one or two medicines rather than so many together.

Discuss with your treating doctor about these options and please revert back to me after above considerations or if you have any doubts in-between.

Dr. Pratap