15 year old with bed wetting problem. Drug abuse. Advice?

My 15 year old son wets the bed. He recently was caught smoking pot. He told me the times he did smoke it he didn't wet the bed.
Why would this be?
Posted Mon, 30 Apr 2012 in Drug Abuse
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 38 minutes later

Although some advantage of marijuana has been proposed for treatment of UTI, but it has not been found to be useful in adult bed wetting. On smoking marijuana, THC is absorbed into your body and is excreted by your kidneys into your urine.

Since urine filters through the kidneys and sits in the bladder, these harmful substances concentrate in these areas, affecting your urinary system and may cause kidney damage, kidney dysfunction and a risk factor for bladder cancer.

Adult bed wetting can be due to overtaking the fluids at night, urge incontinence, inappropriate bladder contractions. constipation, infection ,a stone in the bladder and use of diuretics ("water pills").

Your son needs to be properly evaluated by a urologist to confirm the cause and start the treatment.

Hope this answers your query.

If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.