15 year old is having bad headache after playing games. How to prevent this?

My son is 15 and a sophmore in high school. He plays football. He comes home from the game with bad headaches. The pain seems to be more in front of the head.
Trying to find out how to prevent this
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Headache and Migraines
Answered by Dr. Harish Naik 2 hours later
Welcome to XXXXXXX

Either it is simple head ache which might be due to tiredness or may be sinusitis (frontal).

Apply a warm, moist washcloth to your face several times a day. Drink plenty of fluids to thin the mucus. Inhale steam 2 - 4 times per day (for example, sitting in the bathroom with the shower running). Spray with nasal saline several times per day. Use a humidifier.

Be careful with over-the-counter spray nasal decongestants. They may help at first, but using them for more than 3 - 5 days can actually worsen nasal congestion.

For sinus pain or pressure: Avoid temperature extremes, sudden changes in temperature, and bending forward with your head down. Try acetaminophen or ibuprofen.

I advice you to follow the conservative approach as mentioned he should be fine in a week.

Hope I have provided the information you needed.
Wish you good health. Take care.