15 weeks pregnant, unable to feel uterus. When will I start to show up?

I'm almost 15 weeks pregnant. I'm not able to feel my uterus above my pubic bone yet. I thought the uterus was suppose to start moving up around 12 weeks. do u think I will be able to feel it soon? and when might I start to show?? (first pregnancy, slighty overweight)
Posted Tue, 10 Dec 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Shanti Vennam 1 hour later
Brief Answer: Will usually show around 20 weeks at the earliest. Detailed Answer: Hi, Thanks for posting your query. It is true that the pregnant uterus rises above the pelvis after 12 weeks and can be felt through the abdominal wall, but, this happens only if the abdominal wall is thin and the person who feels it is an expert. Personally, you can feel the uterus (this being your first pregnancy) at about 14-16 weeks if you put your hand over your abdomen, especially when the bladder is full. As you say you are slightly overweight, your pregnancy may show only at around 20-24 weeks and not earlier than that. Hope your query has been clarified. Please feel free to contact for further clarifications. I will be happy to help. regards, Shanti.V.