15 day baby is diagnosed with thyroid with TSH 690. Suggest the dosage of the medicine?

Baby was digonosed with thyroid with TSH 690 on day 15 of life.On repeat it was 607 on 16th day of life. Medication started 37.5 mg. at one month TSH level was 0.931and FT4 34.7 So the dose was reduce to 25 mg per day. Today at 6 weeks TSH is 12.5and FT4is 29.8
My question is this TSH level ok for my boy as my doc says its normal and kept the dosage same 25 mg per day.
My email I'd is YYYY@YYYY
Posted Mon, 8 Oct 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 8 hours later
The levels of TSH concentrations in children are normally higher than in adults. In 2002, the NACB recommended age-related reference limits starting from about 1.3 to 19  for normal-term infants at birth, dropping to 0.6–10  at 10 weeks old, 0.4–7.0  at 14 months and gradually dropping during childhood and puberty to adult levels, 0.3-3.0 µIU/mL.
Essentially the levels of TSH in your child is almost near normal and that is the reason your doctor hasn't changed the dose.However your baby will require a regular monitoring of TSH levels.
I hope to have answered your query however you may revert to me for any further query.
Please close this query if there is nothing more to ask.
Best of luck