14th day folicular reports said no rupture. What are the chances of conceiving?

Doc suggested for foilicular study, yesterday third time in a month gone for folicular study. Yesterday was my 14th day and reports said NO rupture. doc suggested to have relation on 14th day but any how didnt had. My question if I
do relation from today i.e 15th day. What r the chances of concieving???
Posted Tue, 9 Oct 2012 in Getting Pregnant
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 21 minutes later
Hello, I would be happy to help you with your question.

First of all, I understand your frustration with fertility - this might seem like an uphill battle, but never give up hope of growing your family!

You are on two medications:
1. Cabergoline - used to decrease prolactin levels, which if elevated, can affect ovulation and implantation
2. HCG injection - often given around mid-cycle. It simulates a surge in a hormone called LH which is a trigger of ovulation.

From what you are describing, you received the injection on day12 and there is evidence of a mature follice (which will likely produce an egg that will be released and taken up by a tube). Usually ovulation occurs withing 36 hours of the injection.

I would have "relations" today and every other day for the next week. I think that every day is not necessary, and sperm are able to live in the cervix for 2-3 days. I think that every day will also decrease his "volume" to some extent, and might be uncomfortable your you.

I hope this helps. I wish you the best of luck!! Please ask if you have additional questions.
Follow-up: 14th day folicular reports said no rupture. What are the chances of conceiving? 27 minutes later
Thanks for the answer. But can please elaborate what does 'NO rupture" in folicular study means...Is this a good sign or what??? does it leads to concieving??
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 20 minutes later
What this probably means is that a dominant / large follicle was seen that was likely to rupture soon (as your doctor implied when he/she recommended that you have relations soon).

When a follicle ruptures and releases an egg, there might be a "disappearance" of the large follicel, evidence of formation of a cyst called the Corpus Luteum, and a small amount of fluid arround the ovary and uterus.

It sounds like your doctor might have been suprised that it did not rupture, but the recommendation to have relations on day15 and beyond indicates that they were confident that it would rupture / release an egg and that conception was entirely possible based on either their recommendations or the plan that I mentioned above.
Follow-up: 14th day folicular reports said no rupture. What are the chances of conceiving? 11 minutes later
Thanks doctor. Will do the relation today and hopefully it result in my favour. Thanks for talking and answering. Will catch u later. Need your best wishes. Just to give clarification on your above mentioned. My doctor recommended to do relation on 14th day but i was unable to i am planning to do on 15th....
Answered by Dr. Timothy Raichle 1 hour later
Thank you and good luck!