14 year old. Can somatotropin be taken height without side effect?

I am a 14 year old boy, and I was wondering what I could do to grow taller than my potential height (which is somewhere near 175 cm)
I heard that somatotropin makes you grow taller but on the other hand it may be XXXXXXX for the endocrine system, and it probably may not even be used on people like me (only on people with severe problems, like genetic diseases and muscle/bone problems or even gland problems)
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Guru 1 hour later

Thank you for consulting HealthcareMagic!
Yes, you are in saying that somatotropin a growth hormone analogue makes you grow taller but is XXXXXXX for the endocrine system unless specifically indicated in people with certain genetic conditions, some endocrine problems and bone problems. It should not be indicated to you.

After the fusion of growth plates of the long bones (Epiphyses), increase in height stops. This may vary from 12 to 18 years. I personally feel that you are of good height for your age and would be of good height. However, you can try the following measures:

Exercises like rope skipping, jogging, stretching exercises might help

Improve your meal intake to 5 to 6 times a day

Get proper and enough sleep.

Most importantly, avoid any over the counter drugs which say that they would increase your height.

Hope it helps!