13 years old. Feeling dizzy, got red rashes on face. Have elevated phosphate levels. Should I be concerned?

Question
13 YEAR OLD MALE WITH ELEVATED ALKALINE PHOSPHATE OF 232. ORIGINALLY SEEN BY PCP DUE TO DIZZINESS, SEEING SPOTS. HAS BEEN LOOKING PALE WITH A RED "RASH" IN THE FORM OF A LINE ACROSS FACE. PCP SAID EXAM WAS NORMAL, AND ORDERED BLOOD TESTS. IS THE 232 VALUE ANYTHING TO BE ALARMED ABOUT? tHANKS
Posted Sat, 1 Sep 2012 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Chandra Shekhar Sharma 1 hour later

Welcome to XXXXXXX

The normal range of Serum alkaline phosphatase is 39-117 U/L. Higher level is associated with certain medical conditions and syndromes.

But their level is significantly higher in children and pregnant women.

Due to growing age, his serum alkaline phosphatase level seems to be normal.

You should consult a Skin Specialist for linear red rash on face.

Thanks for trusting XXXXXXX and posting your query.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

If you have further concerns in this regard, I would be happy to discuss those with you as well.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma