13 year old broke his radius bone. What treatment and precaution is to be taken?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My 13 year old son broke his radius bone a bit over 3 weeks ago playing soccer. He was sedated in the ER and manually reset, then sugar casted. When back to his ortho dr 2 days later they then casted it in a long cast and did xrays and not completely aligned but they said looked good. Went back to his dr office and saw the PA, she removed the cast and rexrayed and said that it moved 25%, but with bone regrowing and all, it will remold and be fine and fill in that space. She recasted in short cast and said come back in 3 weeks. Should i be worried and seek another consult? Will it refill in and be normal looking, it has a slope in his arm right now. He broke the same arm, just up a bit last year as well.
Posted Tue, 2 Oct 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 5 hours later
The fractures of radius usually heal well and show a good remodelling after healing. There should not be any reason to worry.
It would be better if you could upload the X-ray films in the box provided on the right hand side of the query page so that i can help you better.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.