13 weeks pregnant. Suffering from cold. Could vicks inhaler be used?

Hi Doctor,

My wife is in 13th week of pregnancy and she is duffering from cold, might be due to change in weather. this is 3rd time she ot cold in last 3 months.

can you advise if she can use vicks inhaler. she ialreday trying steam inhaling etc.

regards XXXXXXX
Posted Sun, 11 Aug 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 3 minutes later

Your wife can safely use vicks inhaler as well as steam inhalation. This could be common cold.

I suggest to have ample amount of fluids (coconut, barley water, lemon water, rice water) during the day while she has cold.

Hope this clarifies.