13 month child having pus filled, hard, red bumps on leg and leaves purple spots. Any cure?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
There is a 13 months old who attends my daycare that has very large, hard, red bumps on his legs and arms. They are filled with XXXXXXX pus and have been popping on their own. Mother says they are from ants. I am worried about the child. He also has purple spots where old bumps have been.
Posted Mon, 6 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 22 minutes later

The child seems to have most probably a bacterial skin infection causing boils which ooze pus . He needs to be examined by a pediatrician and treated with appropriate antibiotics for complete recovery.
You are right in being worried if the child's mother is neglecting his symptoms . Also since he is in daycare any infection needs to be treated soon to prevent spread to others.
Kindly discuss it with his mother promptly.
Hope I have answered your query.
Kindly accept my answer if you have no further queries.
Wishing you all the best.