12 years old started misbehaving. Suggest some effective medicine without any side effects?

My daughter is 12 years old and suddenly she has become very loud and also have started misbehaving
Family physician has advised XXXXXXX cr 12.5 mg but after reading the side effects I am not sure whether I should give this medicine or not
Posted Tue, 14 Aug 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Sourav Ganguly 21 minutes later

Actually this type of behavior is common and sometimes normal too like in just adolescent onset behavioral problem. They have to keenly checked for childhood bipolar disorder, attention deficit hyperkinetic disorder, conduct disorder, paroxetine (pari-cr) works well and also in children use of paroxetine is very limited. So I doubt its relevance to the present context and would directly refer you to see a Child Psychiatrist in your area. Please do not mind to see one. Please note that your child is still normal and yet no problem is diagnosed until proven otherwise. So you should not be discouraged at this point in time.

Best wishes,
Dr Sourav Ganguly