11 year old, right arm feels cold and heavy. Suggestion?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My 11 year old says her right arm feels cold and heavy. She does have a bruise on her hand. Her hand is shaking (fingers) as well.

Posted Tue, 25 Dec 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
The feeling of cold and heaviness in the arm with tremors is a neurological problem. It can happen due to benign causes like hypothyroidism, anaemia, electrolyte imbalance or some nerve related problems.
A detailed evaluation by a neurologist s necessary for proper treatment. Till then you can give her electrolyte XXXXXXX fluids like Oralyte and vitamin B complex supplements.
A bruise on the hand is mostly associated with a history of trauma in the area. It usually resolves on its own in 2-3 weeks without any treatment.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.