11 month old child is 8.5 kgs. Worried about underweight. Is this weight ok?

My son 11 month old (first birthday on 27) and only 8.5, is he ok with his weight, seems very lean, worried about his under weight
Posted Mon, 27 Aug 2012 in Weight & Lifestyle
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 9 minutes later

A normal weight for an One year old according to Indian Standards would be around 7.5 to 9kgs.

Since there is rapid growth in height compared to weight , children look lean.There is no need to worry,your child appears to be of optimal weight.

Supplement him with good protein diet like sprouts, pulses, eggs etc which would help him to gain good and stable weight.

Hope I answered your query.

Wish you good health.