10 weeks pregnant. Will eating chocolates have any affect on baby?

I am 10 weeks pregnant. Will eating chocolates affect my baby?
Posted Mon, 23 Jul 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 13 minutes later
Chocolate is safe to eat while you are pregnant and may even offer health benefits in moderate amounts. Chocolate, particularly dark chocolate, is a good source of antioxidants, which you benefit from when drinking hot chocolate. While you should limit your intake of hot chocolate during pregnancy, those antioxidants offer benefits for both you and your fetus.
You need to restrict the intake to one cup a day so that daily intake of caffeine should not exceed 200mg/day. Women who eat more chocolates give birth to active, happier babies with traits such as laughter and smiling.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.