1 years old having frequent urination. Should I be concerned?

Pediatrician, Neonatology
My 1 year old daughter urinates very frequently almost once in 10 to 15 minutes, she drinks about 1 litre of water daily.

there is no other abnormality associated in her day to day activities, she eats our normal day to day XXXXXXX leaves curry(spinach or vegetables), Ragi and Cooked rice with vegetables, pomegrenate

Is it got to do with the weather being at 16 to 20 degrees centigrade in bangalore?
She does not cry during passing urine.
Posted Fri, 21 Dec 2012 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Uma Rajah Ananth 23 minutes later
Hi XXXXXXX again,
I just now answered this question.
Wonder whether you received the answer.!

With absence of any other symptoms and child being alright otherwise,feeding well etc, there is no need for concern regarding increase frequency of urination..
This can happen in cold weather as you have mentioned.!

However in girl babies urinary infection is quite common.
For ruling out urinary infection, you have to get her urine examined for routine examination and culture.

At present it may not be necessary but at the earliest sign of suspicion ( crying when passing urine,fever,irritability,vomiting,etc) you have to go for the tests.

Good luck
God bless
Dr Uma