1 year old, dropped hot tea on hand. Applied sophramycin cream. Why he is crying continuously?

Hi, My 1 year son dropped hot tea on his hand this morning. We applied sophramycin cream and some boils have appeared but he is consistently crying...what can I do
Posted Thu, 23 Aug 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Rohit Batra 5 minutes later
Dear Patient,
Thanks for your query to XXXXXXX
Hot Tea can cause superficial burns and it is not neccessary that the blisters develop the same hour, they can arise later too.
To XXXXXXX the symptoms of heat, keep the area in cold running water again and again. A topical antibiotic should be applied and as soon as the blisters develop , a course of oral antibiotic must be started under a physicians guidence.
Burns can get easily infected and thats the major cause of morbidity in burns.

Dr.Rohit Batra