1 year child having ptosis in eye. Is there any homoeopathic and ayurvedic treatment?

My son is 1 yr and 2 months old. He has ptosis is right eye. Is there a treatment for this in homeopathy and ayurveda
Posted Sat, 27 Oct 2012 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Ptosis in a one year old child needs to be examined and properly investigated to find out the cause. In persistent cases, it can even lead to blindness of one eye. It is best to consult an eye specialist for a specific treatment as most commonly, surgical treatment is needed with full restoration of vision.
Ayurveda and homeopathy do not provide an effective non surgical treatment of ptosis. Some do recommended few exercises but it is not possible to carry out in a one year old child. If the treatment is delyed, the child can lose his eyesight in one eye- called amblyopia.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: 1 year child having ptosis in eye. Is there any homoeopathic and ayurvedic treatment? 1 hour later
currently he doesn't has a problem with vision but doctor's has pointed out that there can be in the future. his surgery is fixed for December, but I am trying hard to avoid it using some alternate therapy. can there be side effects on giving pain killers, anesthesia etc to a 1 year old.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
The side effects associated with medicines like pain killers and anaesthetics are only short lived. These do subside after the medicines are stopped. There are no long term side effects. But these are essential to save the vision. Even ayurvedic medicines can show side effects if given in higher doses.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.