1 year child having loose motions. What treatment and precaution should be taken?

Hi doctor,
My 1 year old daughter is having loose motions since last two days. I am giving her nutralin b syrup but no better,she is crying and irritated many a times.i am feeding her with breast feed and also boiled rice and water,Pedialyte.please suggest as to how can me get her morions to normalise and what to give her to eat ? We are very much worried
Posted Wed, 22 Aug 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 24 minutes later

Welcome to healthcare magic!
Please continue the breast feeding, stop the syrup and avoid commercial formula feeds. Keep a close watch on hydration, get a rough idea of fluids lost in stools and replace it with cooked rice, added with sugar, salt and doi(curd).
At Kolkata you can get the Misthidoi- if you can prepare it at home or can get it from a hygienic shop then it would also help much, give as many times as the child passes motions.
Almost all cases in this age are of Viral origin so antibiotics are useless.
Ektu samay lagbe kintu mayta bhalo hoi jabe!
Besi ausadhgulo khati karte parbe.
And off course watch the vitals, if child looks too sick take her to hospital earlier.
I hope this advise would be helpful for you.

Still if you have any queries or doubts, please write me back,
I would be happy to solve them.

Wish you a great health!