1 year child having cold and black spots on bottom. What should be done?

There is a very small black spot on my one year old babies bottom
lip. i cannot scrape it off so its not a crumb. i first noticed it last night. he also has a cold.
Posted Thu, 26 Jul 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Ashwini Kolur 3 hours later

I will try my best to provide you with best possible professional recommendations to your questions.

It will be nice if you mention the size,duration of that and is there any history of injury that might be responsible. Whether it is increasing in size or its color is changing anything will be helpful.

If it is present since birth it might be XXXXXXX and is normal.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. I think either it might be due to insect bite or he might have hurt himself while playing unknowingly. i advice you to observe it for one or two day.

Presently i don't think you need to go for any medicament. I advice you to wash it thorough with water, excessive handling of the area should be avoided, if it is itchy you can apply over the counter anti histamine cream and observation is must.

If it persists or it's size is increasing / changes in color you are requested to consult your doctor for examination. I sincerely hope that helps.

Yet again, I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query.

Hope i have cleared your queries. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer