1 month pregnant. Can I use MTP kit? What are the side effects?

Question
hello doctor...... I am 1 month pregnant can i use mtp kit & what is side effect
how much bleeding
Posted Mon, 22 Oct 2012 in Early Pregnancy Signs and Symptoms

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 minutes later
methotrexate,misoprostol and mifepristone) is effective if pregnancy is less than seven weeks. Get an ultrasound done to confirm the period of gestation. If it is less than 7 weeks then MTP by medical methods can be done.

For this purpose, you need to get an examination done and the drugs prescribed from your gynecologist. You will be asked to come to the clinic and then oral mifepristone tablet will be given to you. If your blood group is Rhesus-negative you will have an Anti-D injection.

Then you will be asked to come back from home after 6 hours or 2 days later. At this visit, misoprostol tablets are placed in the vagina. The misoprostol tablets will cause you to have cramps and bleed heavily. This usually starts about 2 hours after using the misoprostol and the process of abortion is completed within 4 or 5 hours after taking the misoprostol.

After abortion, you will have to take a repeat ultrasound to check the status of pregnancy. If there are any retained products of conception then you may need a D+C (dilatation and curettage).
These drugs are to be taken under Medical Supervision as it can cause serious effects as nausea,vomitting,fever,pain, excessive vaginal bleeding and sometimes incomplete abortion can also occur causing the remnants to remain.
Please do not use these without a medical supervision.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: 1 month pregnant. Can I use MTP kit? What are the side effects? 2 hours later
how much time bleeding after taken mtp kit

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The bleeding can sometimes persist for upto 45 days due to the hormonal disturbances caused by these pills.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.

any serious problem after taking mtp kit & low Blood Pressure

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 4 hours later
Using MTP kit can be associated with serious side effects like heavy bleeding, hormonal disturbances and retained products. Allergic reaction to the medicine can also be there. Please do not take these without a medical supervision.
Regards.