1 month child suffering with constipation. Using xymex drop. Is this common at this age?

Hello Docter my baby is one and half month baby he is suffering with constipation. after feding(breest feding) he will burp in a few it a common problem at this age?I am using XYMEX droops with my docter concern since a week but there is no result.
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Constipation
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ishfaq Habib 2 hours later
Thanks for the query

Constipation is a common problem in this age babies as the bowel movements are not much enhanced in babies. One of the commonest cause is the use of formula milk as it is hard to digest. If you are feeding formula milk. change it with the advice of your doctor. Also discuss with your doctor about the use of laxatives like lactodil. A massage on the baby's tummy and cycling his legs is often quite helpful

Feel free for any further queries