0-ve Blood group and husband is B+ve. When should Rh factor test be taken during pregnancy ?

Mine is 0-ve Blood group and my husbands is B +ve. When should I take test for Rh Factor.

Regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Wed, 20 Jun 2012 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Meenakshi Titoria Sahu 28 minutes later
The earliest test is done at around 16 weeks then every 4 weekly, if negative. The name of the test is indirect coomb test. If it comes out negative, then at 28 weeks of pregnancy anti- D injection( to prevent formation of Anti-Rh antibodies in mother) is given and repeated after delivery also. If indirect coomb test is positive then anti-D is not given and management of pregnancy requires close supervision a good centre.
I hope I have addressed your concerns. I would be available for follow ups.
Best wishes