Every time I cross the sugarcane juice vendor, I hear people saying, “oh my god! I love this juice; I used to take it when I was a kid”. Okay, but what is stopping you from enjoying it now? Let me guess. Inhibitions? “Sugarcane is full of calories”, “I have better juices to choose from” or “I can pay for the most lavish juice of all.” May be, but like we all know, the goodness of one can never be replaced by another fruit. And Sugarcane is one with many merits to its name.
Here are the top 10:
- It contains raw sugar with multi vitamins and minerals. This glucose packed juice rehydrates people in summer and provides instant energy.
- It helps in treating Sore throat, colds and flu.
- Sugarcane Juice diluted with tender coconut water and lemon juice is effective in reducing burning micturition, it is especially good for pregnant ladies suffering from Urinary Tract Infections.
- Add fresh lemon to sugarcane juice for improving kidney functions. When taken regularly, it cleanses the toxins and removes the small kidney stones naturally.
- Being rich in iron, it helps in improving the hemoglobin profile of the blood. People suffering from anemia should take it regularly.
- It also has high concentration of Potassium that helps in curing constipation.
- Being rich is glucose and electrolytes, it helps in providing relief from Jaundice, when taken 2 -3 times a day.
- It prevents heart diseases by lowering bad cholesterol - both LDL and Triglycerides - levels in the blood.
- It also is excellent for bone and teeth health as it has relatively high percentage of Calcium and Phosphorous.
- Being rich in antioxidants, minerals, vitamins and fluids, this drink is a wonderful detoxifying agent and helps in keeping the skin soft, smooth and young.
Apart from these, one of the major benefits of Sugarcane Juice is in prevention of cancer, mainly Breast and Prostate types. So the next time you get a chance to indulge in the goodness of Sugarcane juice, do not hesitate. Make sure you take fresh juice as it contains live enzymes and nutrients.