Name of the university
North bengal university, Darjeeling
Residency / Post graduation
Year of post-graduation
Fellowship / Specialty Training
An eminent gynaecologist with expertise in pregnancy management, menstrual problems, hormonal imbalance, pregnancy termination, menopausal problems and family planning.Highly experienced in infertility management and female sexual disorders.A consistent and dedicated doctor, extremely committed and takes deep interest in patient's problems.Best for accurate, timely and cost effective management.A very knowledgeable clinical pharmacologist with a deep interest in medicines and their clinical significance.
I can address the following problems: Pregnancy care, Problems related to Pregnancy, Gynecological diseases like infection of the genital tract, Menstrual problems, Ovarian cyst, Fibroids, cancer, etc., Puberty disorders of females (Precocious puberty or Delayed puberty), Contraception, Infertility.
I have good expertise in: Maternal and fetal medicine, Reproductive Gynecology and Family planning, Onco gynecology, Laparoscopies in Gynecology.
Do me the honor of asking your queries right now. For yours and your family's health.
• Award for excellence in research by Ranbaxy.
• Awarded the "Outstanding Intern of the year 2000-2001" award by University of North Bengal, June 2001.
• Certificate of merit from Central Board of Secondary Education.
• Honors certificate in four subjects during MBBS including Medicine and Pharmacology.
• Won the intra-college Paediatric Quiz as a medical student (organized by Indian Association of Paediatricians).
• I was awarded gold medal in 1994 for excellent academic performance throughout the school for 7 consecutive academic years
Previously affiliated to PGIMER, Chandigarh, GMC&H Chandigarh and PGIMS, Rohtak (Haryana).
Past Hospital Appointments-
• Registrar at Government Medical College and Hospital, Sector-32, Chandigarh.
• Registrar at the prestigious PGIMER, Chandigarh.
Memberships of Scientific associations-
• Executive member of Northern Gynecologists Society.
• Member of Indian Medical Association.
• Member of National Association of Reproductive and Child Health of India.
• Member of Indian Pharmacological Society.
• Life member of Federation of Obstetrician and Gynecological Societies of India ( FOGSI).
Other professional achievements
Research papers published-
• A book- Fertility control and common misconceptions. Published by Missionary Publications, June 2009.
• Planning a pregnancy- precautions and measures. Current Medical Journal, Jan 2005; 25(1): 32-35.
• Non- Stress test- implications in third trimester. Journal of current obstetrics, May 2008; 12(3): 78-79.
• Comparison of effects and safety profile of vaginal misoprostol vs oral misoprostol in women with gestation from 49 days to 63 days. Current Medical Journal, November 2010; 30(6): 63-66.
• Newer methods of male contraception. Haryana Medical Journal, Feb 2010; 65(1): 14-15.
Lectures and talks delivered-
• Paper presented at Thyrocon- 2010. Title: Infertility and thyroid disorders – An overview.
• Guest speaker on ‘ Lamaze exercises and yoga during pregnancy’ at PGIMER, Chandigarh Annual CME- 20-22 Feb, 2008.
• Paper presented at Annual conference of IPS, 2008. Title: Evaluation of effects of epidural analgesia on progress of labor.
• Newer contraceptive devices- Recent advances. Department of G&O, GMCH, Sector-32, Chandigarh. May 2002.
• Guest speaker on ‘Prebiotics and probiotics in recurrent vaginal infections’ at Annual G&O workshop at Saharanpur