severe cough not controlled with antibiotics - Online Doctor Chats
User : Please type your query here. Since this query is directed to our panel of specialists and super-specialists, please mention your problem in as much detail as possible. Do not forget to highlight your Age, Gender, Medical History and Treatment History of the problem you are facing
Doctor : HI
Doctor : how can i help you?
please proceed with your health query
User : my daughter got sick in february first puking for 3 days then she was fine a week later 102.7 temp. took her to doctor they did blood test and strep test everything was fine. we finished her anitbiotics but she still has bad cough and im not sure how serious it is
User : ive tried everything to sooth her cough and nothing works for more than 5 mins
is she having trouble in breathing?
User : no
is there any sound comings from chest as she breathes?
User : no
when was her last physical examination by her pediatrician?
User : about a week ago and she told me to give her some cough surpresant and that should work but it didnt
i would suggest a repeat chest examination and a posible x-ray chest along with a ENT or a Pulmonologist opinion for her cough
User : so this may be something serious if not taken care of?
Doctor : it could be serious pointing towards asthma kind of picture
like a 'cough variant asthma' if not getting controlled
with the cough supressants and antibiotics
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Continued cough after antibiotics
- Tonsillectomy gargle benadryl
- Taking apidexin with asthma
- Tingling feeling after urine then blood
- Anthramycin antibiotic for cough
- Twitching in right arm during asthma attack
- Tonsil shape
- Do asthma attacks make left arm numb
- Montek lc for increasing appetite
- Antihistamine and pregnacy tests
- Still coughing after antibiotics
- Tongue operation to remove long papillae
- Antibiotics for chesty cough
- Toenail surgery complications blister
- Cough bouts of cough is the coughing severe problem