congenital heart failure - Online Doctor Chats
User : Hello
Doctor : hi
how can i help you?
User : My son has congenital heart failure. He turned seventeen a afew days ago.
User : The doctor diagnosed him last week.
User : Defects in the walls between the atria and ventricles of the heart (atrial and ventricular septal defects). These defects allow abnormal mixing of oxygenated and unoxygenated blood between the right and left sides of the heart
User : That's part of what the diagnosis says. I have the paper in front of me right now.
User : The doctor says he has about a year to live.
User : I'm scared. He's my only son and my husband left us a year ago.
Is it diagnosed as VSD or ASD
Doctor : Tell me what report tells
User : It says ASD....?
User : He was born premature.
Doctor : ok
User : but I didn't take drugs or alcohol or anything.
User : What can I do, Doctor?
any symptoms he have now?
User : he was the captain of the soccer team last year, and he wants to this year. but the doctor said he can't. he loses his breath every few hours and has to use an inhaler.
What about going for a surgery to close that?
User : the doctor said we can't because it will mess up something else he had called COA or something.
Coartiction of aorta?
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Congestive heart failure phlegm
- Congestive heart failure burping
- What are the symptoms of atrial septal defect?
- Roller coaster heart atrial septal defect
- Little blisters on palm of hand
- Blisters rash and numbness of the hands
- Heart failure green stool
- Joint pain and blisters on the hand
- My daughter has atrial septal defect of 6 7 mm surgery
- Is asd closure affect future pregnancy
- Infant with atrial septal defect what formula milk is best
- Nose bleed in rt nostril
- Heart palpitaions in heart failure
- Scabies blisters on hands
- Congenital heart failure with a stent treatment level of seriousness