Yellow fever vaccination. Can an infant take it in order to travel? - Online Doctor Chats
I think we spoke the day before as well :)
I had asked a query on my 1.5 month old daughter ...
Please tell me
am planning to take my wife and kid along with me, since im travelling on work for about 3 months to Africa
It is usually given after 9 months of age
its mandatory for all travellers to get this vaccination prior to the travel. But im not sure about getting the vaccination since she is not yet 6 months of age
it is mandatory for all travelers to take it
ok..is there any other alternative?
However, babies less than 9 months are not advised it
there is no other alternative
You can get her vaccinated after 9 months
hmmm.. so would it be fine to take her to africca without vaccination?
It is not advised either
Africa is high endemic area for yellow fever
so there are chances of her getting infected there...
Yes, the chances are pretty high
especially infants are more prone to develop it
Thank you too
Is there anything else I may help you with?
not at the moment ...
How is she otherwise?
she has picked up.. sleeping well from yesterday and feeding better
are you consulting somewhere in bangalore?
No, not at the moment
Good to know that she is doing good
I am glad
Take care then
Bye for now
you too, bbye
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Usage of Yellow fever vaccine
- Purpose of vaxigrip vaccine
- Yellow fever vaccine duration
- Dpt vaccine pregnancy
- Vaccination for 20 month old
- Knotty mass above knee cap
- Yellow fever vaccination in sperm
- Nursing responsibilities while taking dpt vaccine
- Caps skin o2 for skin lightening
- Knee pain next to knee cap
- Rat bite vaccination schedule
- Usage of medicine polybion cap
- Methotrexate and yellow fever vaccine
- Painless watery mass on knee cap
- Yellow fever vaccination pregnancy