Worried about increase in blood pressure during third trimester of pregnancy. How to control? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your query
I am 33 years old and 33 weeks pregnant with my second baby.
That is great news.... Congratulations
My regular BP hovers around 110/70
In my OBG's office however it has always measured at 120/80 (since my very 1st visit)
About 3 weeks back my BP at the prenatal visit came out as 15/76
That is a bit high
She asked me to get it checked elsewhere between visits just to keep a check
GO ahead with it
It varies from 110/60 to 140/70 or 130/80 at the local pharmacy and our office doctor's desk
Do you see the rise in my upper measurement as worrisome at this stage
No, not at all
My OBG advised CUE also and even the recentmost (taken 2 days back) showed negatove for any protein or sugars in blood
Sorry in urine
That is good
Just monitor your blood pressure
I am worried that the lower measurement may eventually follow the upper one. Also concerned about the possible reason for the sudden rise in the upper reading.
There is no point in unnecessarily worrying
The lower measurement is fine now
Think good and better always
It is not going to rise
The possible reason would be just that you are nearing term
You are in the last trimester
Please try to relax now
Is there anything I should be doing apart from reducing table salt?
Try ti meditate and relax
Also, one last question - My 1st child was delivered via LSCS as the baby was big and her NST was weak towards the end of 39th week. Do you foresee any possible issues due to a higher BP this time?
If there is an persistent increase in your blood pressure, there is a possibility for preterm labor
Are you there?
The chat window seems to be delayed in updating..
Oh sorry on that
We shall fix it soon
Thankyou for your advise, I guess there is nothing for me to do then.. :) except hope for th ebest
Hope for the best and the best will happen to you
All the best
Thank you too
B bye, and good day to you as well.
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Tonsillitis during third trimester of pregnancy
- Chestpains during third trimester of pregnancy
- Duvadilan during third trimester of pregnancy
- Prognathism and systemic hypertension
- Neck feels tight when exercising
- Rashes related to pulmonary hypertension
- Prevention primary secondary tertiary hypertension
- Tertiary prevention for hypertension
- My knees creak when i kneel down
- Red wine and pulmonary hypertension
- Bronchitus during third trimester of pregnancy
- Sgpt during third trimester of pregnancy
- My 9 year old daughter s urine smells of
- Lump on back of head after head injury
- Common mechanism of action of antitubercular drugs