Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
172 Doctors are Online

What treatment can I take for thalassemia? - Online Doctor Chats

Date : 12-Jun-2013
User rating for this question
Very Good Posted in: Blood Disorders
Answered by

General & Family Physician
Practicing since : 2009
Answered : 983 Questions
Doctor:How can I help you ?
User:sir, i have thalesemia
User:how can i recover this
Doctor:may I know what are your symptoms now ?
User:sir, stomach pain
Doctor:Usually Thalessemia presents with anaemia and its associated problems like imbalance in the blood iron
Doctor:Regular investigations like Hemoglobin and serum iron has to be done and based on their levels treatment has to be installed
Doctor:Stomach pain you have could be due to gastritis secondary either thalasemia or acidity problems
Doctor:Do try a course of antacids like Prilosec for a week
User:actually i m minor thalesemic
User:k thnk u so much
Doctor:Minor usually presents with milder clinical features
Doctor:But regular check on blood parameters has be made
Doctor:Complete cure from the disease is impossible
Doctor:Treatment only involves correcting blood parameters
User:is there any solution 4 this
Doctor:As I mentioned already there is no complete cure for the illness
Doctor:Treating the secondary problems like anaeimia and iron imbalance is waht can be done
User:thnks 4 ur suggestion
Doctor:For the stomach pain you have take Tab Prilosec once in the morning before breakfast
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor