What tests are advisable for complete medical check up? - Online Doctor Chats
Hi My name is XXXX from vadodara
I just wanted to ask if I want to complete medical check up for myself and my family what tests should be advisable.
May i know your age ?
My age is 27
and the age of all your family members
at your age, and for any adult individual the follwing tests can be done
1. complete hemogram, peripheral blood smear
My dads age is 64 and mom is 54
4. fasting and post prandial blood sugar
for your parents i would advice the additional tests
2. tREADMILL TEST
3. LIPID PROFILE
5. sERUM electrolytes
based on the findings of the above tests, if anythiing appears to be abnormal, then further tests can be advised
U r welcome
I wanted to ask my current bmi shows it is 24, so do I need to be more cautious about my food habits.
your BMI is normal
the range is 18 to 25 , which is normal
but you should do better and do more exercise
as this will improve the BMI further and prevent further risks of conditions like cardiovascular diseases
From last year I am facing one strange problem. there is some infection in my body parts and puss comes out of it. I checked it with local doctor and he said it is because of viral infection.
where exactly do u have them ?
The affected parts normally are my nose, eyes and now recently at my knee in my right leg.
It starts like a boil then puss gets accumulated which has to be pressed and cleaned.
how large are they ? mention it in mm ?
The doctor advised it was because of viral infection and gave some medicines to flush the virus out of my body.
what were the medications ?
Currently I have got one in my knee at right leg. I am not taking any medication as of now.
I just clean it at my end. I had a similar boil a month back which lasted for a week and got healed on its own.
can u tell me the size ?
are they less than 5 mm ?
very small like a peanut
very small boil.
in that case, they could be due to skin infections , associated with cuts on the skin
I asked the doctor
He is advising that it is because of viral infections.
there is no need to worry about them, as they are very benign and they resolve on their own
do i need to go for a blood check up.
The problem is that they are getting repeated on a regular basis.
there is no need to do any tests as of now
in case the size of these are large, more than 1 cm, then you will need antibiotics to treat them
and then you can do a complete hemogram and a blood culture
if anything abnormal is seen, then additional tests can be done as needed
Hope u followed my suggestions
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Vinegar smelling sweat in children
- What is complete check up
- Why some children eat slate pen
- Marijuana affect on urinary tract
- What is vdrl medical check up
- Crystal meth sweating and chills
- Can ureaplasma urealyticum be passed to children
- Can children get gardnerella
- What test should be done for complete health check-up
- Medications that affect tsh
- Marijuana affects sed rate
- What medications can affect the sed rate
- What tests are recommended for a complete body check up
- Does marijuana affect urine smell
- What are the preparation and cost of complete health check-ups