What is the treatment for dog bite? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
Are you there?
I was attacked my a dog when I was 7-8 years old..but I didnot recieve any treatment then,since no bite marks was observed..now Iam 26..few days back I observed i bite mark in the leg where The dog has attacked me...now in any case if i was bitten then..what could I do now?
Other infections including tetanus are also manifested within few months to year following the infection.
Now when it is almost 20 years past the bite
there is no serious complications expected.
So you need not be worried.
Yes, the incubation period varies for rabies infection
however there are no significant reports of late manifestation after 20 years of dog bite.
So you need not panic.
ok..thanks a lot...but in any case if I take injections now..will that be any help now
The chance of you getting infection now is extremely low.
So there is no point in taking them now.
Have you followed?
Do you have any more questions?
ok..thanks a lot..i hope nothing will happen due to this
Do not be worried.
worries and apprehension will cause you more problems than a 20 year old dog bite.
Thanks for consulting me.
Bye for now.
ok bye..thanks again
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Imipenem iv dose
- What precautions to take while under treatment for dog bite
- Right top forearm swollen numb tingling
- Throwing up small amounts of blood
- Tired eyes heavy body aching
- Tired nausea dizzy no energy
- Multidrug resistance tuberculosis
- Treatment for dog bite on calf
- Malaria terminal prophylaxis
- Prestique plus shingles
- Treatment for dog bite doses of rabipur
- Treatment pet dog bites if rabies injection done
- What is the line of treatment after dog bite
- Fluconazole suspension dose
- Tonsil brown pus