What is the solution for slightly intoed foot in children? - Online Doctor Chats
How can I help you?
i have a daugter who is 2.4 yrs old
since few days i have observed that she is walking with her left foot slightly intoed
so i consulted an ortho
he suggested her gemcal syrup and Calcirol sachets..
and syrup twice daily
and he diagnosed it as rickets
so i am concerned about this...
about this as ...i observed that her left leg is slightly bent
no...he analyzed that there is deficiency of ca and vitamin d3 through his clinical examination
So how can I help you?
i am very much worried...
and wanted to know if it is curable and wanted to have a second advice
I suggest you get these blood tests done to be sure it is rickets
once confirmed you can take it further
but for the time being please continue the medicines
wht kind of tests do you suggest...
you mean to say that there is better medication that wth is suggested
I have mentioned the tests
you need to get total serum calcium level
and Vitamin D levels
once you get this done, you can consult the orthopedic doctor
and I would also suggest you consult a pediatrician
if i remember once she was 3 months old ..doctor said tht there was calcium defiency
and gave some syrups at that time
we even consulted a pediatrician as well...
he said tht calcirol will be the best one
but my point of concern is...if the bent leg will get corrected.. or not
then what do you suggest sir
I would still strongly advice you to get the tests done
and then you should continue to give vitamin D and calcium supplements
Physiotherapy will not help
even for the intoeing of the foot ...
Intoeing of the feet can be corrected with applying a plaster cast
and gradually making adjustments
but this technique will not work for the bent legs
the corrective surgery can be done only after the growth stops
when will the growth stop?
growth generally stops by 15 to 16 years in girls
and 18 to 20 years in males
but it can vary a little
could you pls suggest a good orthopedic doctor
here in hyderabad
I am really sorry, I am from Bangalore
so I do not know doctors in Hyderabad
fine doctor it was nice talking to you
but if you have the option of fixing an appointment on your dashboard, you can request from that option
you are welcome
thanks for chatting
i will go ahead and do the tests first and then consult the doctor
thanks and bye
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on
People also viewed
- Left foot is slightly numb
- Dripping nose is cracking nostrils
- Combiflam suspension for 3 month old child
- For menstrual cramp cyclopam or meftal spas
- Cranberry juice good for impaired glucise tolerance
- Child complains with stomach hurting daily
- Levolin inhaler child fits of cough
- What causes foot drop in children
- Gassy cramps but no period negative test
- What is the permanent solution for corn in foot
- What are the underlying cause for foot drop in children
- Menstral cramping with no period tubal ligation
- Child complaining of pain in his right side
- Slightly hypochromic normocytic in children
- Child complains of leg pain osteosarcoma?