What is the permanent cure for cough in children? - Online Doctor Chats
we have tried many medications but once we stop the medicine cough comes back
What is her age?
What are all the medicines that she used or tried?
today she is coughing again
What was the doctor's diagnosis?
Why did you stop the nebulizer
it was given for 5 days. Doctor said it is happening because of allergies
Did you say to the doctor that the cough is for 3 months?
Were some tests done?
Which city are you in?
before that she had taken antibiotics twice in last 2 months
I am in Hyderabad
YOu have to find out the allergen
It could be in the food, air, the toys that she play
Ok, your daughter will definitely do better if you think of these tips and follow
1) Try to find out the allergen. Let her stay away from commoon allergens and this is how you can find
2) Allergy skin testing can help you find allergen
3) Most probably you daugther has allergic bronchiolitis
4) Most children would come out of it spontaneously by 5 yrs of age
5) Till then they have to avoid allergen and use inhalers
allergy skin testing, is this also a type of diagnostic test that we have to do
Yes. You can avoid it by testing at home. As I said note the common allergen and keep your daughter away from them
one by one
and see if the cough receeds
thank you doctor for your time and suggestions
You can also meet a Pediatric Pulmonologist
in your city
Do you have any more queries
no thanks doctor
Thank you for visiting me here
Related questions you may be interested in
Recent questions on