What is the cure for osteoarthritis? - Online Doctor Chats
Please proceed with your query
My father who is 59 years old is suffering from this.
To a large extent YES
I hope he is one it
He had met with an accident some 25 to 30 years ago and had fractured his left hand.
Sorry to hear that
He himself is a General Physician.
That is great
Recently, a month ago, he slipped and fell on the same left hand.
Then, he must be taking calcium himself
Yes He is.
But will that be permanent cure?
OA usually affects hip joints more
Which joints are affected more in him?
We got an digital X-Ray taken .
Of the hands or hips or legs?
XRay of his left hand. The doctor whom we had consulted mentioned about OsteoArthritis.
Can you please suggest a good solution for this?
Should he undergo any surgery or any transplant?
I will suggest you
Surgery for OA is considered based on bone density
Is there any risk in undergoing surgery?
No major risks as such
But decision is based on individual patient
I would like to inform one more thing.
Generally, the surgery is safe and causes no major concerns
My father often complains that he cannot lift his hand more than 90 to 100 degrees angle
He can lift until it reaches a horizontal position or slightly above this.
What kind of exercise is advisable for him.
Stretching exercises like pushing arms
Rotation of the arms
Yes, i heard him telling something like rotatory motion.
With the surgery, will he be able to move his hands freely without much pain?
Yes, it is possible
However, 100% cure is not possible
That is OK. But i wanted to confirm if there will be any side effects in the long run.
It will improve his condition
Dr. Shanthi, can you advise me any Good Trusted hospitals where i can approach for his surgery.
Please confirm your contact number, I shall ask my customer care team to get back to you with good hospitals in these areas
OK. Thank you Dr.
Thanks for consulting me
I got good suggestions and advices from you.
Thank you very much.
Have a nice day.
Thank you too
Great evening to you too
Bye for now
Related questions you may be interested in
People also viewed
- Cough so hard head pain
- Treatment and cure for foot osteoarthritis
- Treatment and cure for Secondary osteoarthritis
- Cough so hard viens hurt
- What is the long term cure for erosive osteoarthritis
- Hacking cough and headache
- Treatment and cure for Skeletal deformity
- Symptoms of Post infectious arthritis
- Early osteoarthritis can be cured
- Hardness in testicle and persistent cough
- Treatment and cure for Thumb arthritis
- Head hurts over right when coughing
- Drugs/medication for Post infectious arthritis
- Treatment and cure for knee osteoarthritis
- Treatment and cure for lumbar osteoarthritis